- Step 1: Build the case for climate action
- Step 2: Assess the state of sustainability in your company and industry
- Step 3: Define your climate ambition
- Step 4: Optimize your organization for climate success
- Learn more: Build climate abilities
How to optimize your organization for climate success
To prepare your company for climate action, you should optimize your organization by increasing awareness and engagement and beginning to establish governance and other enablers, such as data collection mechanisms.
By engaging key stakeholders, you can ensure that key members of your organization are ready and capable of pursuing climate action.
Acquiring the necessary skills and talent for your climate transformation will ensure that initiatives are carried out by those with the necessary expertise and capabilities.
Establishing leadership for climate and sustainability efforts, along with board-level and executive support, key performance monitoring and reporting mechanisms, will help guide and ensure your company’s climate success.
To properly monitor your carbon emissions from various business units, you should prepare systems for measuring and analyzing company-wide carbon data.