- Step 1: Build the case for climate action
- Step 2: Assess the state of sustainability in your company and industry
- Step 3: Define your climate ambition
- Step 4: Optimize your organization for climate success
- Learn more: Build climate abilities
How to understand the current position of your organization
In this step, you will learn how to evaluate your company’s position within the industry on climate matters by conducting a sustainability materiality assessment, reviewing industry trends, and analyzing industry front-runners. This will help you identify areas to address and strengths to improve upon during your climate journey.
Conducting a sustainability materiality assessment can help your company identify areas in sustainability that are material to all your stakeholders. Doing so can help inform what’s critical for you to address and in what order of priority.
Using industry-wide tools and reporting can help you understand the state of sustainability progress within your industry and help identify structural trends and constraints.
By conducting a peer review and identifying the best climate performers in your industry, you can outline best practices for taking climate action.