- Step 1: Build the case for climate action
- Step 2: Assess the state of sustainability in your company and industry
- Step 3: Define your climate ambition
- Step 4: Optimize your organization for climate success
- Learn more: Build climate abilities
Review business and associated emissions trends in your industry
How to use industry-wide tools and metrics to understand your emissions
When planning for a zero-emissions future, it is helpful to review the trends in your industry and identify best practices. Researching information on major industry-wide sources of emissions will help you discover feasible levers for emissions reductions and sustainability. Specific areas to investigate include trends in value chains, product lines, and certifying agencies.
As an example, a review of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board’s (SASB) industry-based standards can help you gauge the major sources of carbon emissions in your industry, as well as inspire you to improve your own organization’s carbon accounting practices.